1 400g tin of condensed milk
3 bananas large in size
1 pack of chocolate biscuits)
8 fl oz whipping cream
¾ oz dark chocolate
3 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
METHOD FOR MAKING THE BANOFFEE PIE
1. First Caramelize the condensed milk.
How to Caramelize the condensed milk - Fill a medium saucepan nearly three-quarters of the way with water and place it over high heat. Once the water has , put the can of condensed milk in it and cover the pan with a lid. Leave it to boil for about 2 hours during which time the milk will caramelize. After 2 hours, carefully remove the tin from the water and allow it to cool.
2.Now to Prepare the biscuit base. Place the chocolate biscuits in a zip lock bag, removing air seal the bag up. Now with the help of a rolling pin, crush the biscuits finely.
3. Transfer the crushed biscuits mixture them into the small bowl, pour melted butter over it and stir well.
4. Transfer the crushed mixture to cake tin and refrigerate. Pour the crushed biscuit into the tin and using a spoon, press it down and spread evenly.. Put the tin in the fridge and chill for 15 minutes.
5. Peel the bananas, and cut them into thin slices.
6. Now Add the bananas and caramelized toffee topping. Place the banana slices on top of the biscuit and flatten them with spoon without breaking them. pour the entire tin of caramelized condensed milk over the bananas and spread it over evenly.
7. Put the pie into the fridge and leave for about 20 minutes.
8. Pour the cream into the large bowl and using the electric beater , whip it until it is completely stiff.
9. Take the pie out of the fridge using a spoon spread the whipped cream over the top and smooth out evenly.
10. Put the banoffee pie back into the fridge and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
11. Take the banoffee pie out of the fridge and finely grate the chocolate over the top.
12. Serve. Slice and serve.